Landlord & Tenant
Whether you are a Landlord or Tenant, you will benefit from our professional expertise and experience of the market.
We will ensure the best outcome and offer advice on the following:
- Rental value
- Lease clauses and procedure
- Assess prospect of 3rd party dispute resolution
- Prepare submissions for 3rd party (arbitration or independent expert)
- Provide expert reports to the Courts.
There are strict guidelines which must be met in order to protect each party’s statutory rights when renewing a lease. On receipt of a Section 25 Notice or a Section 26 Notice, contact us immediately.
It is best to seek advice at the earliest possible stage, preferably 12 to 18 months before the lease expiry date, in order to map out your preferred route through the lease renewal process. The principal issues to consider include:
- Do you wish to renew the tenancy or not?
- When should Statutory Notices be served?
- How will you protect your statutory rights?
- What should be the new rental level?
- When can lease terms be changed?
- Are dilapidations an issue?